Some Humorous Running Anecdotes to keep us Smiling

You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming.
Frank Shorter

It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse.
Ann Trason

I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street.
Neil Armstrong

Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?
Peter Maher


And this one goes out to our two biggest supporters Jimi and Carey:

We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
Will Rogers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The French Alps

I am in a ski resort called Morzine :) Having the most wonderful time.
I have done 2 runs so far!!! Just to set the scene for you:

It is -10 degrees!!!
We are in the mountains - so hills everywhere

That said - it is stunning to run surrounded by mountains, and once I have warmed up (which takes about 15mins in to the run), it is wonderfully refreshing and invigorating.

The hills are brilliant training for me - I hate hills and find them extremely difficult, but after 2 weeks of this I should have improved on hill running.

Today is a rest day and I can tell you it is much needed. I am trying out snowboarding - decided to give the ski's a rest....snowboarding is tough tough tough. So lovely to have a rest today!

Talk later
Mary
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Hon.... I have to say cape town is conducive to sitting drinking good wine and looking at table mountain! ;-)

    Not much on the running front from me as all I've done is a 40min run on the treadmil at the hotel ;-( but alas.... Nairobi I will be full force.

    Enjoy the Alps, and love to carey xx

    Alison

    ReplyDelete